New Stores Terms & Conditions V1.1 14/10/2020
copy of this and more information including the charging levels for fines is
available at our Media Production
Services SOL Pages.
equipment from the stores is an implicit agreement to these terms.
Terms and Conditions
- Always treat the stores staff with respect. Any abusive behaviour may
result in a temporary or even permanent ban.
- Any equipment taken from The Media Production Stores, is purely on a loan
basis, and must be returned by the end of the arranged booking period.
Covid Note: See
below on return slots & cleaning.
- Due to Covid social distancing requirements you may only collect and
return equipment in your allotted slots. Failure to adhere to this may result
in a ban.
- Apart from sundry non-bookable items such as cables, batteries etc,
you will not be able to alter or add to your booking at checkout. This is to
reduce face to face time at the desk and stop queues building. You will need to
modify your booking in the system.
- You will automatically be charged an overdue late fee for all
equipment not returned to the Stores within the agreed time of the loan.
Repeated late returns will result in a temporary ban. Details of fines charged
can be found on our Media Production
Services page on
- Longer term failure to return equipment will lead to university debtor
procedures being initiated and this incurs additional processing charges.
- The loan is to you personally and you are responsible for the
equipment. You may not loan it to or let it be used by it to other students or third
parties. This may result in a ban.
- The equipment you take out is the equipment you should return. If
working in a group, please be careful to only bring back the equipment you were
loaned. Otherwise you will have kindly returned a friend’s equipment. But, until
it is returned, you are still responsible for the equipment you took out,
including any loss or late fees.
- Loss or damage to equipment or accessories will be charged for. Always
check your equipment before leaving the media production area so you will not
be charged for any missing or broken equipment when you return it.
- You must operate the equipment safely and within the terms of any risk
assessment submitted for the release of the equipment. Changes to shooting conditions
require the risk assessment to be amended before shooting begins.
- You may not use the equipment for any prohibited uses below. Failure
to adhere to this can result in larger fines if equipment is damaged, and/or a
- If equipment is found to be faulty; develops a fault in use; or is
damaged or broken; the condition MUST be reported to Stores as soon as possible.
There will be other students needing this equipment and we will need to make
alternative arrangements and initiate repairs.
- Equipment must not be left unattended and/or unsecured. This will void
our insurance and may result in a full replacement cost of the equipment being
charged to you.
- A booking on the system is not a promise that the item will be made
available to you. If a system error has allowed you to overbook items, gain
access to equipment not available to your course, or without the needing of
required training, the stores staff may refuse you the equipment in these or any
- Any abuse of the booking system such as excessive bookings, or
excessive booking then cancelling or not turning up to collect equipment can
result in being banned from online booking and all requests needing to go
through your academic supervisor.
- We reserve the right to modify these terms in line with operational
requirements for the benefit of the greater body of students, especially in the
current difficult situation.
Loan and Return Slots & Cleaning
Loans and returns are in 30-minute slots and the
slots are limited to enforce social distancing. Do not turn up earlier or later
than your slot.
have a booking from 9am until 4.30pm then:
Pickup: 9 – 9.30 am
Return: 4 – 4.30 pm
For returns, this is the time returned to the
store. You will need to turn up earlier at JM024 to clean the equipment
before returning it to the store.
- Using equipment in or around bodies of fresh or
salt water. Rivers, Streams, Beaches, Ponds etc. Water vapour in the air can damage
equipment very quickly.
- Loaned equipment cannot be used illegally, e.g. whilst
trespassing or filming illegal activities.
- Not using equipment as trained by the Technical
Instructors e.g. using equipment with outside sourced parts such as tripods or
- Using equipment in a dangerous way or environment
e.g. at height or a non-risk assessed area.
- Taking equipment for the use of third parties
and/or commercial use.
- Taking equipment out of the country without
first seeking appropriate permission and completing risk assessments. Without
correct documentation you may be personally liable for import duties when
moving the equipment between countries and checks must be made to ensure we
meet the terms of our institutional insurance.
smarthub terms and conditions of use
As a user of this system registered or otherwise you agree that if for any reason you are unable to use smarthub for the intended purpose then you will contact your store via telephone, email or in person to resolve the problem. Siso Software Limited are not responsible or liable in any way for any errors, damages or any other loss caused by your usage of this system. For the avoidance of doubt this includes any loss howsoever suffered including negligence or fraud except where such negligence causes death or personal injury.